Accessibility at TRNSMT
At TRNSMT we aim to create an event that’s truly accessible for all, which is why –since the festival’s creation we have been working in close partnership with Attitude is Everything to achieve this goal. TRNSMT Festival are proud to have been awarded the Gold level of Attitude is Everything’s Charter of Best Practice.
A charity set up to help improve deaf and disabled people’s access to live music, as well as to support the music industry in making live music events more accessible. You can find out more about them here http://www.attitudeiseverything.org.uk/
TRNSMT has a dedicated Access Team working all year round to constantly improve the experience for access customers. We welcome and encourage feedback from our attendees on our accessible facilities.
Download your copy of the Accessibility Information here: or .
Listen to an audio version of the Accessible Facilities below
In order to provide the best possible experience, we ask that everyone who wishes to use the access facilities complete and submit an Access Requirements Form prior to arriving on-site. To allow us to plan all of the facilities and infrastructure for the festival please submit your application as soon as you can.
- Unsure about your eligibility, contact us on email@example.com
- Customers must send a piece of Supporting Documentation for their application to be processed, see to follow;
- A TRNSMT accessible guide with event-specific information will be sent out (via email) prior to the event to all confirmed applicants including arrival info, access maps, distances, access facilities and more We recommend saving and printing a copy of the Access Guide for your own reference (once available). No hard copies will be available on-site.
- Please note that our Access Facilities are not for customers with temporary impairments such as broken bones, healing wounds, or pregnancy, anyone concerned about their access, please use the website contact form to submit an enquiry here This is an all-standing event with limited seating around the main arena and VIP. Chairs are not allowed into the festival.
Read below and complete our accessible requirements form here
Previous Customers who “opted in” to register on our database for 3 years, there is no need to resend your documents, unless you have had a change of circumstances you would like us to know about. *
Proof of Eligibility
- Front page of DLA / PIP (no specific rate)
- Front page of Attendance Allowance letter (no specific rate)
- Evidence that registered severely sight impaired (blind)
- Recognised Assistance Dog ID card
- Credability's Access Card
We understand that not everyone has the above-recommended evidence and in such situations, we will review on a case-by-case basis. Customers who have any questions about Accessibility at TRNSMT please contact our Accessibility Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org
- All supporting evidence must be submitted within 14 days of completing the survey
- If we do not receive this, then your application will not be processed and sit unconfirmed
- We aim to process applications within 4 weeks of receiving all relevant information.
- Once all information has been received and processed, you will receive a final confirmation by email
- A TRNSMT accessible guide with event-specific information will be sent out prior to the event to all confirmed applicants
Personal Assistant (PA)/Companion Ticket
If a customer is unable to attend the festival without the support from a PA/Companion, then we will provide an additional PA ticket.
- The (PA) ticket is subject to completing our online accessible application process here
- One person will be allowed one free PA ticket unless otherwise pre-agreed due to accessibility requirements
- If you require more than one PA, please contact us at email@example.com
- PERSONAL ASSISTANT (PA) /COMPANION tickets are provided on the expectation that they are WILLING AND ABLE TO ASSIST YOU, throughout your visit and in the event of an evacuation they are your main point of assistance. Crowd management personnel located near the viewing platform will assist in moving everybody to a place of safety
- PA TICKETS will not be posted out and will be available only on the day for collection
- Companion/PA Tickets must be applied for via the Access Requirements Form, and can only be approved by members of the Access Team
- Please refer to our Event Terms & Conditions and Special Event Terms & Conditions on PA tickets
- Medical Facilities, First Aid, Welfare, and a Wellbeing Area are available to all at TRNSMT
- ‘CAN’T WAIT’ cards, we ask our toilet attendants and stewards to look out for these cards for quick access to the toilets
We operate 2 different types of wristbands on-site for our Accessible Customers depending on your requirements.
Accessible Platform Wristband
Accessible platforms are controlled by a wristband system and customer list managed by the Access Manager and Stewards. To ensure they run smoothly, each location has its own team of stewards and security. As platforms have a limited capacity these are strictly for access customers, plus one (1) companion.
- Main Stage Accessible platform access
- Main Stage Accessible Platform has a Wheelchair Charging Point
- King Tut's Stage accessible platform access
- Unisex Accessible Toilets (including mobile changing places unit ‘Pamiloo’ located at Main Stage Access Platform)
- Blue Badge Parking
- Store Medication in Fridge on request
- Accessible Platform Food & Drink Service
- Accessible platform Merchandise Purchase Support
- Personal Assistant Ticket
Accessible Facilities Wristband (no platform access)
- Unisex Accessible Toilets (including mobile changing places unit)
- Blue Badge Parking
- Store Medication in Fridge
- Personal Assistant Ticket
BSL INTERPRETING SERVICES
- BSL Performance Interpreters are available on request in advance. Please send advance requests to firstname.lastname@example.org At least 60 day notice is advised.
We strongly advise planning your journey before leaving for cinch presents TRNSMT. Specific travel information will be sent out via email to Access customers prior to the event in the Accessible Info Guide.
Blue Badge Parking
There will be a dedicated Accessible parking area located close to the Accessible Entrance. If you require use of this car park you will need to apply for Access Parking (via the Access Requirements Form).
- Blue Badge Holders must have their badge present on the day to show a Steward
- The Accessible parking area is free of charge
- Parking in the accessible car park is limited, so friends and family arriving separately will not be able to use this car park.
- GROUND FACILITIES - The outdoor event arena floor is uneven and consists of a combination of gravel, grass and limited tarmac pathways and terra-plast trackway. Combined with poor weather conditions this could make some areas of the arena inaccessible. We ask customers to prepare for all weather ground conditions
- THE ACCESSIBLE PLATFORM is seated only and uncovered, umbarella’s are prohibited at the event, so please dress appropriately for the Scottish weather! As platforms have a limited capacity these are strictly for access customers, plus one (1) companion. All platforms have ramp access, wheelchair accessible toilets and charging points- Only main stage platform has charging points.
- FLICKER, LASER, STROBE and other lighting effects may be used during the performances. Anyone affected by these should bear this in mind.
- NO SMOKING/ USE OF E CIGARETTES is permitted on the accessible platform, this is to assist with the comfort and enjoyment of all
- PAMILOO will be present at TRNSMT providing customers with a Changing Places Facility and hoist. You can find more information on their website here /
- LARGE PRINT PROGRAMMES OR RUNNING TIMES Available when requested in advance.
- MEDICATION If you need to bring medication with you, we recommend bringing a copy of your doctor’s letter or prescription. Please keep medication in its original boxes. There will also be a fridge available if you require cold storage for your medication.
- WELLBEING ZONE Situated within the Welfare area, we will have a space provided for customers who may be feeling overwhelmed at the show and need some time away from the crowd. Please speak to a Steward, Accessible Help Team or Accessible Coordinator for more information on where to find Welfare or refer to the cartoon map.
- HIDDEN DISABILITIES We understand that a hidden disability is not immediately apparent. If you would like support or advice inside TRNSMT our Access Manager will be the main point of contact and is based at the Accessible Platform or please contact us in advance with your questions via email@example.com
We want our customers to enjoy their visit to our shows, but we appreciate that we may not cover everything you need or wish to know about the event. If you have any questions, then please don’t hesitate to get in touch prior to the event with our Access Manager by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Post: 272 St Vincent Street, Glasgow G2 5RL
Phone: 0141 566 4999 (currently not in operation)
Office opening times are: 10am – 6pm, Monday to Friday.
Please note: we aim to respond to all email enquiries within five working days, however this may take longer during busy times.
ON SHOW DAYS, email@example.com will not be monitored as we will be working operationally on the ground, however, if you arrive at the event then please approach a Steward, Supervisor or a member of the Customer Access Team for assistance and they will do their best to help.